Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Three Adopted Children

Today (Friday), we were taken to complete service projects and learn more about our new hope, Spartanburg. And we were split into various groups (including SPACE, Arcadia (!), Downtown, Soup Kitchen, and more). I was put into Arcadia. Arcadia is a school in Spartanburg with approximately 66% Hispanic population, which is the most in all of South Carolina. Moreover, they allow the kids to attend school approximately 48 weeks during the year. And students attend from 7:00am to 6:30pm. The students, according to the principal, are knocking on the doors trying to get us to let them in before 7:00am. Also, all students receive a free breakfast, lunch, and snack. The trip was amazing. Once we arrived, I decided that I was going to adopt three of the children. And they would be mine. And they would all have different mothers. But whatever right!? ☺

P.S. BTW I’ve decided that I’m going to be living there for the next 4 years as a mentor for all the children

No comments:

Post a Comment